Monday, April 26, 2010

[on a monday]

Flying off in three days time. I downloaded all 7 Audio Harry Potter's for the plane ride. I haven't flown in six years and I've never even been to the East coast. (Excitemnet!) James has most of our meals already figured out. The important things you know: Italian, french, sea food, pizza, chowder, breakfasts. We will both be well fed by Monday. There's a really good chance we're going to drive up to Maine and spend the night. Maine! I have always (always) wanted to go.
Mostly I can't wait to see James, I don't really care too much about any of the adventures. Four months is entirely too long.

The bunnies have been crazy the last couple days. They are speed hopping from all corners, jumping off of whatever gets in their way. Last night while I was trying to sleep they were pushing everything off the end table next to my bed, chasing the cats from the window sill, somehow finding my paints (!), and eating the last couple couple skittles in a bag. They also peed in my left slipper, again... I am beginning to think that the bathroom should be their home during the night. In the morning they were so excited that I was awake and played their bunnie games by rubbing their chins/noses on my ankles, flying across the room, and then back to my ankles. I would try to pet their bunnie-bottoms but they are so fast! Beaumont's sneezing is nearly gone but I'm worried because he just finished his antibiotics with a sneeze average of one every two days.

I'm in the thick of SSRI withdrawal. Ick x 10 you know. Nothing as bad as NRI's but still... I have two pills left that I've been carving slivers from every day. Every time I go on something new I am so hopeful that they will work it rarely enters my mind the time and torture it takes to come off them later. I would at least be tapering off more carefully if my former dr would give me one more script but since I haven't seen her in a year she won't unless I make an appointment. Between no health insurance and her office being too far away for me now, it can't happen.
I am doomed to brain-shakes, nausea, dizziness, and extra stomach problems for who knows how long. In happier news I'm applying for health insurance. My employer is willing to pay half and James volunteered to help me out when I need it for prescriptions and such... it would be nice to be steady again.

three days! and soft crazy bunnies when I get home.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Oh! Mamoun's (119 MacDougal St) is the best falafel I've ever eaten if you're ever down island. Mmm. And Okkervil River's 'Maine Island Lovers' always makes me want to go to a Maine island. Have a great trip! -Quinn