Thursday, August 7, 2008

[warm ramblings}

It is hot and I am dizzy from not eating. I should eat something but I am sticky and lethargic. I'll have to cook something and hot anything seems awful in combination with the sun. I've been trying to create some sort of wind tunnel involving fans and windows but with this humidity it is nearly pointless. I would also like to have sex but for these same reasons I am instead melting on a couch in front of a computer. Maybe wind tunnel sex? That seems complicated considering the 'wind tunnel' only really covers a couple feet.

I cannot wait for fall. Have I told you of my dislike for summer? It's the authentic heat that does it. I am a true lover of artificial heat. Blankets and heaters and cocoa. It's just, one can only get so naked.... even if I could remove my skin, I'm not sure it'd be enough. I've taken to walking around the house in undies and a bra. I'm not sure my weird neighbors mind or even notice. Tyler thinks they peak through their kitchen window into our kitchen window while I'm washing dishes in my bra and cooking in nothing but an apron. But I don't think they care. I think they're busy doing their own cooking in their own nudity.

I promise I will not stop whining about the weather until is the beginning of September. Just you wait and see.

3 comments:

Emily Maple said...

Can understand. I like summer. Below 90 degrees. Above that & I'm uncomfortable. Like REALLY uncomfortable. 70-80 range is nice. So is 60-70.

Ai Lu said...

OK, how can I convince you that not eating won't help the heat problem?

I think that the perfect solution to this is a no-cook kind of meal, like one of the coleslaws that Deb from Smitten Kitchen makes. With homemade mayonnaise (worth the sweat) and walnuts or pumpkin seeds on top it is well worth getting into the kitchen for:

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/06/dead-simple-slaw-6-heat-wave-reprieves/

As for the sex, I can't help you there.

Ai Lu said...

Hey, glad you liked the recipes. I was NEVER a coleslaw fan until I actually got into the kitchen and made it myself. Then I realized that it didn't have to be the horrible, white, gooey mess that it's usually made out to be. Now they're one of my favorite easy meals. In fact, given I have a head of Savoy cabbage in the refrigerator, I just might have some for lunch today, too.

Thanks for your comments about the look of my blog. I wouldn't have thought about the implications of having a beach picture, which looks like an isolated desert -- not the impression that I'm trying to create! I like what you said about the beans being cozy-ish. And your blog is beautiful, too! I love the blue photo -- is it somewhere special?