Sunday, August 31, 2008

[11.07pm]

Today I woke up to what I thought was an accidentally set alarm. It was a phone call, this is the problem with having one of my ring tones as an alarm. I didn't answer it, just pushed that little ignore button on the side. What a beautiful button.
I thought about making tea but I remembered that I still needed to put my pants in the dryer and that distracted me from my body.
Later, after waking Martha and kissing Tyler (who had fallen asleep on the couch) I did my make-up in bed. This has always been my favourite place to put on make-up. It's like taking a pretend nap. Here is what I do: I grab my little double zippered Dior bag of necessities, pull the curtain slightly back from the window (for natural light), find a good movie, and tuck in. It really makes my morning routine less tedious and somehow just from this simple multi-task I feel like I'm getting a more relaxed morning. If I could get ready for the day entirely in bed, I would. I love when I have to dress myself under blankets because the bedroom air is still too cold from night.
I took the bus downtown and thought more about how with each year my resolve to never drive strengthens. I ate and shopped alone. I took the long way to every store because I could. And in the evening found a coffee shop to drink cold tea at. I love cold tea almost as much as hot tea.
And now, I'm telling you.

No comments: