Monday, March 2, 2009

[well I guess I should have heard of that from you]

I wish I could punch the wall in the puyallup house. It would be so sad/perfect. Alas.
We kissed first about a month after officially meeting. We had been purely eskimo kissing prior to that. I was sleeping in Crystal's room and He was staying with her brothers. Crystal had already gone to bed and I was standing in the long, christmas-lit hallway in front of her closed door. We carefully rubbed noses like usual and while He brushed his nose sensually across my lips He snuck a soft, puddley kiss in and it was perfect. I went to bed next to Crystal and we whispered about boys all night.
Maybe a week later while sitting on the end of a pulled out hide-a-bed in the same house, He told me He was in Love with me. and I thought. I remember feeling like I couldn't Love him too, that I wasn't allowed to. But I did and I whispered it in his ear and he kissed my cheek.
I guess I was sixteen then. I guess we were drowning in infatuation and knew it and it was okay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I move forward. We move forward. everything is hard and sad. but I'm letting the little things be nice. and we are talking and figuring it out and that's all we can do. that's all we can do


(I know it's oh so angsty to be quoting Dashboard but when does someone really get such perfect lines oh well)

No comments: