Wednesday, July 9, 2008

[diagonal sleep]

This married life ebbs and flows. You know that though, right? I'm not surprised but when one gets caught in tides it's easy to get nauseous.

Today we lied around in our undies and giggled (still) excessively at Stella (actually, we love the skunk tails...). At some point in the afternoon we napped and woke up with heat headaches. Clearly the only way to remedy this was beer or swimming. The beer was warm on the kitchen floor so we opted for a close second and hopped in the shower. Now, maybe I'm one to be a tiny bit modest and not share my shower escapades but let me tell you, this was straight business. I felt like we should have been wearing ties or shaking hands at the end. All hair washing and soap and cold water. No hanky-panky in the least. The heat must be making us lazier than I realize. It was probably the most formal shower I'd ever taken with another person (and now thinking about it, have I ever taken a shower with someone else? ...maybe not, definitely not another boy, maybe when I was little? At any rate I'm sure they were a great deal sillier). I will try to make next couple shower sillier. Although we probably won't have another unless we get double shower heads- we are both pretty whiney about being the dry one.


Later we went to a friends (newly married!) and bbq'd and watched a dodgy bootleg copy of Iron man, complete with people walking in front of the actual theatre screen. For some reason the dvd stopped working about 3 minutes prior to the end but we made good guesses about what happened next (death and destruction- possibly followed by love making and little robot babies). Oh how I miss everything on vhs.

anyway, I think I'm have asleep typing this. that nap clearly was a joke because my eyes are fuzzy and it's just barely 1am. Tyler's playing halo so i better get some quality center of the bed time in before he hops in and decides to sleep diagonally. such is love.

1 comment:

Will said...

Your Iron Man experience reminds me of the first time I saw Empires Strikes Back, on a bootleg VHS, taped from the theater. It was illegal-licious.