Friday, July 18, 2008

[and everything]

It is only 12am and I am thinking about going to bed. My hips are sore. Not from sex... in case that's what you were thinking; I wish.... anyway, from the gym. I had my personal session thing that they set you up with when you first join or whatever. The woman I spoke to really wanted me to lay out some sort of concrete goal, essentially x amount of pounds, or if I was really cool xx amount. But I wouldn't do it. I continually told her that my main reason for joining was out of boredom and because I had been a member prior to moving and had enjoyed that.
She went into nutrition. It was hard to hold my tongue. I didn't want to hear it. She emphasized that I needed to be hyper-aware of what was going into my body and the way those calories were used. I was so calm. I don't want to be. I am practicing knowing less. Caring less. She asked me on a scale from one to ten my dedication to my health. This question is too long and involved to be on a scale. I told her '7' but knew I was lying.
I know she was simply doing her job but it still made me sad.
We took my body percentage using very scientific methods and then looked at some one size fits all chart. Almost as cool as looking up your bmi... (whatev). I was in the 'acceptable range. It goes like this 'essential, athlete, acceptable, unacceptable.' She told me that she was also in the acceptable range but if I lost this much weight I could be in the 'athlete' range. Which apparently, she thought was wear I should be heading.

I worked out for a couple hours and then came home and cleaned up the boys' mess from the night before. Which makes sore hips. There's the point. I feel like an old lady today and have already prayed a million prayers that I don't get osteoporosis when I'm 30 and that my joints hold on for a little longer. I also took a million more vitamins than normal. baby prayers with each swallow. My legs are so bruised lately. Iron supplements anyone?
Boring. Sore hips.

tomorrow, I think, squid making. Much more exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe you mean sore not soar :) But maybe your hips are flying high with pain?

elizabeth said...

perhaps they are!

Anonymous said...

I recommend consuming mass quantities of formerly living creatures.

I don't know if that'll help, I just like saying it.