Thursday, September 18, 2008

[all around]

Joy! The weather forecasted for today was 74 (the lowest we've had in forever) but it is currently 3.30 in the afternoon and 59! I could not be happier with the gray, rain threatening sky. If we could get a little rain, oh, heaven. Tomorrow is supposed to be 76 but I'm so hoping it will turn out like today. Hope, hope, hope.

I found a medical assistant/receptionist job on craislist for a local, two physician clinic. They're just opening I guess and noted that they are willing to hire non-experienced for the right person. It sounds nice to me. I've really always loved medical things and just being near them. Plus I'm good at customer service, and organization, and all the other blah, blah, blah required. So, fingers crossed that no one with real experience applies. hah.

Today, I walked to the library. It's a bout 30 minutes each way. I had this Kafka book checked out for months. It's so late. I've received a total of 4 threatening letters and 2 less than charming phone calls. Plus they wanted to send me to collections for $54. I figured it was time to make the little trek and bring the book to its proper home. I'm a bad person; the poor library didn't know this when they sent me my library card. I'm sure there's some sort of warning that will pop up every time I borrow a book now. "THIEF!" or something of the sorts...
The used record store in the cool part of Auburn (see the one block of Main Street with the coffee shop, moped tattoo parlour and Frisbee golf store) closed. The block is infinitely less cool now. And I'm a little sad about it.

Today will consist of dishes, reading, and sewing together a bag for my trip. Maybe I will even talk Tyler into a kiss.

The sky has made me very hopeful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oy! That poor library book!